Increasing government transparency, communication and citizen involvement.
- Led efforts to ensure all Council meetings are broadcasted online.
- Promoted meeting agendas to improve citizen engagement.
- City government does a better job of keeping residents informed about proposals that could affect their neighborhood.
- Shared highlights of all City Council meetings to keep residents informed.
- Championed the creation of Upper Arlington’s first-ever Community Relations Committee to help ensure that our city is welcoming and inclusive.
- Successfully advocated for adding public input on key projects.
Keeping our community on strong financial footing.
- Championed a performance audit to improve city operations
- Helped keep city finances strong throughout the COVID-19 pandemic
- Convened a citizen’s task force to examine city finances
- Ensured Upper Arlington maintained its AAA bond rating
- Remained a reliable dissenting vote against unnecessary city expenses and regulations
Pursuing responsible economic development that aligns with the spirit of our community.
- Successfully worked for a responsible plan to redevelop the Macy’s site with the addition of a new community center – without raising taxes.
- Advocated for redevelopment standards with extensive community input for eastern Lane Avenue that positively reinvigorates the east entrance to our community.
- Rejected proposed development at the Golden Bear Center that did not fit Upper Arlington’s needs.
- Worked with Council and the City Law Director to secure a successful court ruling on the old CompuServe site (Tree of Life), allowing Upper Arlington to strengthen our commercial economic development base.
- Worked to develop a framework and standards for the future development of Lane Avenue to give developers clarity on what the community wants.
Improving infrastructure and community assets.
- Supported a successful plan for long-overdue upgrades to our roads.
- Championed an ongoing effort to develop a comprehensive strategy to improve our parks, including our popular, crowded recreational ballfields.
- Delivered much-needed improvements to the north end of our community along Henderson Road.
- Appointed a community task force that ultimately led to voter-approval of a new community center.